Monday 28 February 2011

All films I saw in January (listed in order of preference) - Eastwood tops the list

I have finally posted every film that I saw in January; they are listed below in order of best at the top and working down through my preference. This is something I have been meaning to get on with for about a year. I don't want to pick and choose films to look at in depth; I would rather skim over every film in order to give a sort of well rounded view of my film consumption and opinions. Plus, the whole reason I do this is to stay sharp and make sure I am thinking about everything, rather than selectively paying particular attention to some things and letting others wash over me.

If anything, I have been a little too thorough at times, though it cannot be helped when a film is worthy of discussion. May have to find another device to limit the time it takes to get posts up though. I imagine this will come in the form of bullet points for the 'what it did particularly well' and 'missed opportunities' headings, which I will be changing to 'what I liked' and 'what I didn't' or somethig, in order to reflect the fact that these are strictly my opinions rather than objective truths. Something that should be obvious anyway, but just to show that I know this and openly welcome disagreement.

Any problems with the list, let me know your thoughts.

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)

Rope (1948)

Control (2007)

The Man Who Knew too Much (1956)

Black Swan (2010)

127 hours (2010)

Buried (2010)

The fighter (2010)

Princess and the Frog (2009)

The Mechanic (2011)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)

Arthur and his Great Adventure (2009)

Hereafter (2010)

The Last Airbender (2010)

The Seven Year Itch (1955)

Heartless (2009)

Observe and Report (2009)

Sweeney Todd (2007)

30 Days of Night (2007)

The Producers (2005)

Marketa Lazarova (1967)

Hurt Locker (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment